Head of Marketing
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
9:30 AM TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Cultural inspiration vs. appropriation: Creating local content to ensure Middle East Parks top annual attendance charts
Innovative, fresh theme park attractions with powerful storytelling and engaging theming keep visitors longing to come back and drive word of mouth marketing.
From Harry Potter World to Legoland and Disney’s Star Wars it is essential that your park has a theme to connect with the audience. Operators spend millions on their content investment with the hope that their attractions will last decades.
But in a region of diverse cultures and ages how do you decide which theme is appropriate for your park to drive footfall and increase sales?
This panel session will discuss:
- Meeting consumer demand for immersive story experiences through partnership with popular entertainment franchises
- Analysing themes that engage with the Middle East audience but also respect their culture and heritage
- Debating whether park operators need to work with IPs and franchises to create memorable experiences and attract international audiences?
- How do theme park designers create content that ensures longevity and connects to the future generations?
10:15 AM INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: If we brand it, will they come? Uncover the magic behind LEGOLAND® Dubai theme parks and how their branding strategy delivers a worldwide audience
One of the key ways in which park operators look to differentiate and compete is to work with IP brands to drive visitor attendance and leverage their international status.
However we all know branded attractions worth multi-million dollars that have been scrapped. So what can we learn from this?
In this exclusive presentation you will hear from one of the worlds most powerful brands on the key strategies to ensure your theme park meets brand expectations and avoids expensive failures.
This exclusive project case study insight will demonstrate:
- Key learning’s from opening a Middle East theme park featuring one of the world’s most powerful brand’s
- Uncovering how to communicate your brand across a variety of cultures
- Identifying how to deliver a consistent brand from what is being promised on the brochure and website to what’s being delivered in the park